Currently Seeking an Accounts Manager (part time)
South Puget Sound Salmon Enhancement Group (SPSSEG) is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization working to protect and restore native fish populations, and their habitats throughout the South Puget Sound. SPSSEG serves several counties and is located in Lacey, WA. We partner with state, federal and local government, Native American Tribes, Conservation Districts and other non-profits to plan and implement salmon restoration and education projects. Our organization relies on state and federal grants, and in-kind and cash donations.
SPSSEG is seeking a highly organized person to serve as a part time Accounts Manager approximately 15 to 20 hours per week. General administrative support duties will also be assigned. This position will report to the Executive Director.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Enter employee timesheets, process semi-monthly payroll, pay quarterly L & I taxes, ensure that all payroll taxes are completed and taxes paid
- Process accounts payable and prepare checks for signature
- Enter deposits, both manual and electronic, and transfers into Quickbooks
- Track accounts receivable and contact grantors for payment if necessary
- Allocate overhead costs to projects
- Prepare grant billings/vouchers monthly
- Reconcile all accounts monthly
- Prepare financial reports as requested
- Present financial reports to Board of Directors quarterly
- Create annual budget with input from Executive Director and Board
- Maintain standardized filing system for SPSSEG financial records
- Administrative support and other duties as assigned by the Director.
Qualifications and Experience:
This position either requires a Bachelors Degree and three years of relevant experience, or an Associate’s Degree and five years of relevant experience.
- Ability to effectively use Quickbooks and Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Experience with state and federal audits
- Ability to track grants and contract expenditures, revenues and match, and post to the appropriate accounts
- Ability to prepare vouchers, checks, bills, and invoices
- Experience in financial management standards for nonprofits
- Ability to solve complex accounting problems related to private, state and federal funds and communicate problems constructively to management
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and ability to prioritize within a busy work environment
- Ability to work in well within a team setting
- A working knowledge of filing, copying, mailing, and other miscellaneous administrative tasks
Applicants with experience in non-profit organizations and grants are desired. Applicant must provide three references.
This position will be based on an hourly rate and will be approximately 15 to 20 hours per week. Based on qualifications and experience the pay range is $20 – $30 per hour. Potentially hours may increase to approximately 24 hours per week, and if so would be eligible for a prorated benefits package.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5pm May 2, 2016. Start date will be in June 2016.
Please send cover letter, resume and references to:
South Puget Sound Salmon Enhancement Group Lance Winecka 6700 Martin Way East Suite 112 Olympia, WA 98506
Contact: Lance Winecka – email@example.com
South Puget Sound Salmon Enhancement Group is an equal opportunity employer